Here’s some tips on choosing and using cleansers.
- Choose mild cleansers that are labelled for “sensitive skin”.
- Cleansers should be alcohol and fragrance-free and not contain small particles or chips.
- Avoid soaps, toners and astringents.
- Gently wash the face once or twice a day with warm (not hot) water.
- Do not use scrubbing tools such as sponges, brushes or wash cloths.
- Pat skin dry with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer after washing and a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning.
*Before applying any new products to your face, rub a small amount on your inner forearm, neck or just in front of the ears and check for a reaction up to a day later.