Those with rosacea often have highly sensitive skin that stings and burns when some skincare products are used. Here are 7 tips to help with choosing and using cleansers.
- Choose mild cleansers that are suitable for sensitive skin. These should be ethyl alcohol and fragrance-free and not contain exfoliant chips or particles.
- Avoid soaps, toners and astringents.
- Before applying any new products to your face, rub a small amount on your inner forearm, neck or just in front of the ears and check for a reaction up to a day later
- Gently wash the face once or twice a day with warm (not hot) water.
- Do not use scrubbing tools such as sponges, brushes or washcloths.
- Pat skin dry with a soft towel.
- Apply moisturizer after washing and a moisturizer with sunscreen in the morning.